Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday already??


Where is the time going?? I don't seem to have enough hours in my days anymore...or is it just that I'm getting old?

I started on this quilt for my youngest daughter. She wanted all purples and greens. The one she saw that she liked was all pastel squares with a scalloped border. This is everything that equals 6" finished......squares, half square triangles, 3 patches, 4 patches, 9 patches and rail fences. The center is an 18" crazy quilt block. I think it's going to be awesome when it's done.......and it's a king!

I belong to a sewing and quilting for sale group on yahoo and one of the girls outside Los Angeles posted that she had 4000 yard cones of over 60 colors of thread for sale that she bought from a warehouse that went out of business. I emailed her and she sent me pics of what she had. The thread is 60 cents each and black and white for 1.60 each. WOW what a deal. So I ordered 39 cones. It came today and I have to tell you, I am impressed. A couple of the colors are really close in shades but that's ok, for the price, you can't beat it. I will have to put in another order real soon.
I sent her an email letting her know that I got it ok and would it be ok if I spread the word. She said she had multiple cones of each color so anyone that wants, I can give you her email so you can also place an order. I swear, this thread is almost identical to So Fine. I'm using a cone on the quilt I am working on and it is fabulous.
All the thread is in it's original shrink wrap.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Is this a poly thread? It isn't rayon is it?

Desert Threads said...

Diana....yes it's poly. If I didn't know any better I'd swear it was MaxiLock or Sofine.

sam said...

Gorgeous thread! I am darned near jealous ... unfortunately I don't embroider enough to use ONE of those cones in a 5 year period.

Ramona-quilter said...

Sharon - I am interested in ordering some of that thread. Please send me an email so I can start the process going.My email address is on both APQS and MQR.