Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday Already??

It's been an eventful week to say the least.
Friday night the pharmacy my dil works in got robbed again. Thankfully, no one was there is time.
A sheriff deputy was going into the hospital across the street and saw shadows in the window. Couple of officers and one from SMASH shot it out with 3 suspects, no one got him and they got away.

This morning at 3:30, Texas time, my daughter, Mari, left for 11 days in the field. She is in OCS (officers candidate school) in the Army. They will be gone 11 days, home for 4, then back out for 6. In that 11 days, they will be able to take 1 shower........1 shower!! I know that is going to make her or break her. I can't tell you how proud of her I am.

These are the quilts I finished this week. The first one I asked for help on the pieced border but not getting any ideas, I decided to SID the whole thing. The blocks in this are 4" and the quilt is 100" square. As soon as she brought it out I told her she wasn't getting it back.











This next one is for a local lady that
was given to them as a QOV but she didn't think it was big enough so they are going to raffle it off and use it to buy more supplies to be used for more QOV's.


2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Beautiful quilting!

Gina said...

mAN YOU OUTDID YOUR SELF ON THIS ONE PAL!!! BEAUTIFUL FEATHERS!