Friday, June 20, 2008

Not much new

To report.
Went to the doctor about 2 1/2 weeks ago for a progress on my incision. When the nurse weighed me I almost died. THAT'S IT!! Gonna do some serious weight loss here! So the next day I started.
What I'm doing is a modified Atkins diet. My daughter and I did this years ago with great success but being hypoglycemic, it's hard to do. So I modified it.
The first thing I did was cut sugar from 1 1/2 cups to 3/4 cup per gallon in our ice tea and cut back on salt. We now use a lot more pepper.

Breakfast:
1 cut cereal.........Wheaties or Rice Krispies
Banana
3/4 cup milk

Lunch:
1/2 sandwich with
10 small chips or small salad
or egg salad with left over meat from dinner the night before

Snack:
banana with gobs of Cool Whip

Dinner:
cut back from whole potato to 1/3 cup
all the meat I want
1/4 cup vegetables
lots of salad

Evening snack......if any:
5 pieces watermellon about 1" x 2"
or banana

The first 3 or 4 days I felt I was starving but have to report that in just over 2 weeks I've lost a total of 17 pounds..........WHOO HOO!!!

2 comments:

sam said...

I'm sorry I read this late ..... WOOOOOOO HHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

Gina said...

scratching my head here.......... but u go girl!!! bananas with cool whip???