Wednesday, January 19, 2011

UFO's

I have set a goal for myself this year to do at least one UFO (unfinished object) per month.
Every morning, before the sun comes up, I work on as many blocks for my crazy quilt as I can get done before I start quilting. I decided to make the blocks finished size 10". It's easier for me to figure out how many I need if I keep the measurements simple. So far I have 6 blocks by 7 rows done plus 4. Well on my way to the 81 blocks I need for a queen size quilt. I plan on a narrow black border then a scrappy outer border. I should be working on that as I go. I'm using cheap muslin for the foundation blocks.

Here is what I have so far.
I bought bags of scraps (one gallon bags) from our quilt guild Sew What table for 25 to 50 cents each and I have enough for a couple large quilts. I also want to make one in all black, gray, with a tiny touch of red.
I've always wanted a crazy quilt and I've taught a class but never made one for myself. Well now's the time to finish it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm off to Road2Calif Saturday then to M & L for some new stuff for the books we are writing.
I love road trips!

1 comment:

sam said...

Oh boy, oh boy! Hug Road for me, please. Like your UFO timetable. Good for you!