Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Honey........I'm home!!


Just got back this evening from a week in San Antonio, Texas.
Our oldest daughter graduated from OCS (officer candidate school) on the 19th. The nurses still have 2 more weeks of training then she will be stationed at Ft. Benning, Georgia.
This is a picture of her daddy giving her the first salute as a 1st. Lieutenant in the Army.
It was awfully hard to leave her to come home. I miss her terribly, her being so far away all these years. I only get to see her once a year, if I'm lucky.
While there, we took her to some caverns not too far from Ft. Sam Houston where she is in school.
But the most important thing is we got to spend time with her.

But I'm also glad to be home with the "kids".

2 comments:

Freda said...

I know you are very proud of your daughter Sharon. We do miss them when they are so far from home. When my oldest son was in the Army he was stationed in New Jersey then spent a year in Korea. It is always great to get to visit even for short periods. Have a great day.

Gina said...

congrats to all! And Welcome home:)